Special Diet / Food Allergy
If your child requires a special diet for health reasons, please fill in the Special Diet Food Allergy form and send it to the head teacher of the school that your child attends.
Free School Meals
Free school meals can be claimed if you are receiving any one of the following:
- Income Support (Including Guarantee Pension Credit)
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £15,860 (as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,420 (as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- If you are 16 – 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
- If you are an asylum seeker receiving support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Children may bring packed lunches to school, and these will be eaten in the dining hall, under supervision. Lunches should be securely packed in a box which is clearly labelled with your child’s name. Drinks may be brought to school to have with packed lunches, however, for safety reasons, these must not be in tin cans, glass bottles, or glass-lined thermos flasks.
Highland Contract Services who provide the school meals, are unable to provide cutlery or tumblers for children to use for packed lunches, so children must bring their own.